Start Date – Immediate
Discipline – Engineering
“Here at Hyper Luminal Games we work collaboratively which promotes open communication. We don’t stifle creativity; in fact, we continuously encourage it. You won’t be working in a cubicle and there’s no expectation of silence, engage and interact as much as you like! We also believe social activities extend from work and into our lives, builds great teams, and satisfying events and activities.
We have a very clear understanding of a team’s need for open communication; this is part of our culture. At Hyper Luminal we get that people have lives and responsibilities, and we are here to understand and help you balance your personal responsibilities and within the studio your work and growth.
You bring experience that deserves recognition as a Senior developer. At Hyper Luminal we know that you need to be master of your own destiny and drive your own work. But, when you want it you will be supported by your department and peers, teamwork is a core value pillar in the studio.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies, ensuring the applications delivered are high performing, responsive and maintainable. You’ll have the capability to influence the choice and extent of technologies used, as we develop our applications. You’ll be responsible for delivering expertly designed components, built, debugged, tested and verified, ready for integration into various contexts across the business.
You are encouraged to be as good as you can be and there are systems in place within the studio to support you to do just that. Incremental improvement is our aim and all team members are involved in what and how that evolves. If this feels like a place where you can thrive and grow, with the team, the projects and the studio, then apply for this position and let’s explore working together!”
- 5+ years of experience working in games development with a minimum of 3 shipped games.
- Extensive experience working within a team.
- Extensive experience with cross-platform development.
- Experience meeting project deadlines and targets regarding tasks and deliverables.
- Experience communicating project requirements both verbally and through written technical documentation.
- Experience with console game development (Playstation, Xbox & Switch)
- Experience participating in code reviews.
- Experience using Jira task management software or similar.
Skills and Abilities
The questions below are for you to insert skills and abilities specific for this project.
- Expert software engineering skills and software architecture principles.
- Expert debugging skills with extensive experience working in a large existing codebase.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise your own workload efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Expert in languages such as C#
- Working knowledge of other languages: C++, Java, Python, Go, etc
- Expert knowledge of Git.
- Highly motivated and productive, a self-starter capable of motivating others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English.
- Strong skills in close teamwork within both local and global environments.
- A creative and logical approach to problem-solving with an end-user focus.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A clear, concise and accurate communicator in all formats.
- Adapts well to new processes and pipelines
Duties and tasks
- Working in the Unity engine, using C# to create core game systems and mechanics.
- Communicating and working within the team to identify the most efficient way of completing your own and other tasks.
- Creating code to meet project requirements.
- Establishing pipelines and processes to continually improve team effectiveness.
- Writing performant code within the requirements of the target platform.
- Leading standups and team meetings for communication of project goals.
- Organising and executing the burndown of the teams’ code tasks, using Jira and working with the studio producer to meet project deadlines.
At Hyper Luminal Games we are passionate about our employees and provide development opportunities for all our staff. We take pride in the fact that we understand individual reward systems for all our team members, encompassing not only remuneration but responsibility, recognition, and individual learning.
We offer competitive salaries, a generous pension scheme, life insurance and 28 days of holiday increasing yearly to a maximum of 33 days after 5 years.
Life as a Luminary
At Hyper Luminal, creative collaboration is the key to success. Team members are given a range of responsibilities within a flat hierarchical structure, to enable an entirely team-driven games development process. Your role at Hyper Luminal is to ensure our games and software utilise a ‘best in class’ codebase, helping the studio to continually raise its quality bar and reach beyond what is generally expected of a smaller development team.
We value your commitment and strive to ensure that all team members are included in a range of after-work activities to help prosper curiosity and creativity, including exciting games nights, delicious dinners and unique team-based events.
We look forward to welcoming you into the Hyper Luminal Team!