Start Date – Immediate
Discipline – Engineering
We are looking for a Senior Unity Programmer to join our team based in the Hyper Luminal Dundee Studio. You will be building applications and solving problems for Hyper Luminal and it’s Business Partners alongside the Luminaries who support them.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies, ensuring the applications delivered are high performing, responsive and maintainable. You’ll have the capability to influence the choice and extent of technologies used, as we develop our applications.
You’ll be responsible for delivering expertly designed components, built, debugged, tested and verified, ready for integration into various contexts across the business.
There are many technical and team skills that this role requires:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years experience working in games development with a minimum of 1 shipped game.
- Fluent in languages such as C# and C++.
- Experience with the Unity Game Engine.
- Robust software engineering and software architecture principles.
- Strong debugging skills with ability to work in a large existing codebase.
- Proficient understanding of Git, or other source code management systems.
- Cross platform games development experience.
- A 1st Class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other related subject.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior team members.
- Console development experience.
- Online multiplayer development experience.
- Experience with Architecting API’s.
Essential Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise your own workload and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated and productive, an entrepreneurial self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English.
- Strong skills in close teamwork, across both global and local environments.
- A creative and logical approach to problem-solving with an end user focus.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A clear, concise and accurate communicator in all formats.
At Hyper Luminal Games we are passionate about our employees and provide development opportunities for all our staff. We take pride in the fact that we understand individual reward systems for all our team members, encompassing not only remuneration but responsibility, recognition, and individual learning.
We offer competitive salaries, a generous pension scheme, life insurance and 28 days of holiday increasing yearly to a maximum of 33 days after 5 years.
Life as a Luminary
At Hyper Luminal, creative collaboration is the key to success. Team members are given a range of responsibilities within a flat hierarchical structure, to enable an entirely team driven games development process. Your role at Hyper Luminal is to ensure our games and software utilise a ‘best in class’ code base, helping the studio to continually raise its quality bar and reach beyond what is generally expected of a smaller development team.
We value your commitment and strive to ensure that all team members are included in a range of after-work activities to help prosper curiosity and creativity, including exciting games nights, delicious dinners and unique team-based events.
We look forward to welcoming you into the Hyper Luminal Team!