Start Date – Immediate
Discipline – Art
If you’re a passionate artist that lives and breathes 3D characters, have an eye for detail and a wealth of development experience then we want to hear from you. The ideal team member will be confident at leading 3D character development, taking initial concepts through to modelling, rigging, skinning and animation. You will be able to help define character creation processes and assist in streamlining character design and game interactions. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to bring your experience into a young and vibrant team. You will work alongside 2D and 3D artists to bring even more rich, varied content to our products.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ensuring characters are created in line with product vision, on time and to the highest quality.
- Managing risks within the character development pipeline.
- Model, Rig, Skin and Animate characters from a detailed or simple concept image.
- Strong understanding of character form, shape, structure and silhouette to create visually engaging characters.
- 2+ years experience working as a Character Artist with a minimum of 1 shipped game.
- Demo Reel and/or portfolio required
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- A strong foundation in traditional arts, including figure drawing.
- Experience of Unity character animation workflows.
- Experience of Modo, Maya, Substance Designer or Photoshop.
Essential Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise your own workload and meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated and productive, an entrepreneurial self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English.
- Strong skills in close teamwork, across both global and local environments.
- A creative and logical approach to problem-solving with an end user focus.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- A clear, concise and accurate communicator in all formats.
At Hyper Luminal Games we are passionate about our employees and provide development opportunities for all our staff. We take pride in the fact that we understand individual reward systems for all our team members, encompassing not only remuneration but responsibility, recognition, and individual learning.
We offer competitive salaries, a generous pension scheme, life insurance and 28 days of holiday increasing yearly to a maximum of 33 days after 5 years.
Life as a Luminary
At Hyper Luminal, creative collaboration is the key to success. Team members are given a range of responsibilities within a flat hierarchical structure, to enable an entirely team driven games development process. Your role at Hyper Luminal is to ensure our games and software utilise a ‘best in class’ code base, helping the studio to continually raise its quality bar and reach beyond what is generally expected of a smaller development team.
We value your commitment and strive to ensure that all team members are included in a range of after-work activities to help prosper curiosity and creativity, including exciting games nights, delicious dinners and unique team-based events.
We look forward to welcoming you into the Hyper Luminal Team!